On The Webnbsp;
"Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) announced today that, for the first time, its customers are now the country’s largest users of debit and prepaid cards by purchase volume, according to 2016 data issued by The Nilson Report. The new ranking, released in The Nilson Report’s April 18, 2017 issue, shows Wells Fargo customers used their debit and prepaid cards to purchase more than $306 billion in goods and services in 2016."
“On this episode of Recode Decode, former deputy CTO of the United States Nicole Wong talks with Recode’s Kara Swisher about the future of tech policy and why content moderation is more complicated than many people think.”
“The Power Ministry has decided to make all meters smart prepaid in three years from April 1, 2019. “This step is likely to bring revolution in power sector by way of reduction in AT&C losses, better health of DISCOMs, incentivisation of energy conservation, ease of bill payments and doing away with the paper bills,” it […]
“The IRS is looking at ways to make paying back delinquent debts as easy as making a purchase through commonplace tools like Venmo, or Square’s credit-card readers that plug into smartphones. The agency, according to a request for information filed last Thursday, looks to provide “innovative and state-of-the-art, alternative, non-cash payment methods” to revenue officers who knock on doors to collect debts owed by taxpayers. The RFI […]
“It means 80 per cent of their payments go onto an “Indue” card, which can’t be used for alcohol or gambling, and is disallowed from cash withdrawal, with the remaining 20 per cent put in their nominated bank account. Thousands of recipients of welfare in Wide Bay in Queensland will be moved onto the new system […]
On The Wiresnbsp;
“Nearly 30 percent (29%) of U.S. adults are still likely to mail in checks to pay taxes owed to the government, according to an online survey of 1,270 adults by YouGov and ACI Worldwide (NASDAQ: ACIW), a leading global provider of real-time electronic payment and banking solutions . Of those who chose to receive tax refunds through […]
"Zain has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Mastercard, a leading technology company in the global payments industry, to boost digital payment services in Jordan through ‘Zain Cash’ mobile wallet service powered by Mastercard."